Friday, April 3, 2009

President Obama is black?

EUGENE ROBINSON: "Not even three months have passed since President Obama's historic inauguration, and already it tends to slip the nation's collective mind that the first black president of the United States is, in fact, black."

I don't know about everybody else, but I never cared about Barack Obama's race. I based my vote on the candidates' positions, character, qualifications, and experience. It made me sick to listen to all those people talk about the "historic" election and inauguration. What was so historic about it? We've been electing Presidents for over 200 years and this election was little different from those that preceded it. The only thing "historic" about it was that many people voted for a candidate to prove to the world, the country, and themselves that they are not racist. I already knew I was not racist and didn't feel the need to prove it. I am glad to see those on the left will finally "focus on Obama's ability, not his color," though I am not too sure how able he is based on his performance so far.